|Ballywalter Primary School
Controlled Primary School
12 Stump Road, Ballywalter BT22 2NT
|Enrolment No. 199
Admissions No. 28
|Telephone: 028 4275 8486
Fax: 028 4275 7218
|Principal: Mrs C Craig B.Ed (Hons) PQH (NI)
Chair of Board of Governors: Mr J Rogers
Respective Functions of the Board of Governors
The Board of Governors draws up the admissions criteria and delegates to an Admissions Sub-Committee, which includes the Principal, the responsibility for applying these criteria.
During the admissions procedure when applying the criteria punctual applications will be considered before late applications are considered. The application procedure opens on 7 January 2021 at 12noon (GMT) and an application submitted by the closing date of 29 January 2021 at 12noon (GMT) will be treated as a punctual application. An application received after 12noon (GMT) on 29 January 2021 will be treated as a late application.
1. It is the parents’ responsibility to ensure that any information that is relevant to the criteria for admission to this school is included with the Application Form or provided to the first preference school.
2. All applications should be accompanied by a birth certificate in order to verify the age of the child.
3. The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on the application form eg proof of address.
4. The provision of false or incorrect information or the failure to provide information within the deadlines set by primary schools can result in the withdrawal of a place.
Year 1 Intake
- Children of compulsory school age will be admitted according to the following criteria applied in the order set down, 1-3 by the Board of Governors of Ballywalter Primary School.
- Children who have a brother/sister or half-brother/sister in attendance at the school at the commencement of the next school year OR are the only/eldest child in the family.
- Children for whom the school is the nearest available in terms of walking distance measured from the child’s home to the Stump Road entrance to the school according to Google Maps.
- Children from other areas.
- In the event of over-subscription, in any one of the above criteria, the following sub-criteria will be applied in the order set down (a).
- Children who live closest to the school, as measured from the child’s home, to the Stump Road entrance to the school, according to Google Maps.
Children with the initial letter(s) of surname (as entered on Birth Certificate) in the order set out below:
E M Y K T S L Mac Z Q O G N A Mc I H F V P R W D B C U J X
This order was determined by random selection.
Duty to Verify
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on any application.
If the requested evidence is not provided to the Board of Governors by the deadline given, this will result in the withdrawal of an offer of a place. Similarly, if information is supplied which appears to be false or misleading in any material way, the offer of a place will be withdrawn.
Waiting List Policy
This Policy is available from the school.
Y1 admissions – after the beginning of the school year.
Criteria as above.
Admission to be within the Department of Education guidelines on permitted class sizes.
Criteria for admission, as for Y1.
APPLICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS TO PRIMARY 1
|Year||Total Applications||Total Admissions|